Treating Customers Fairly
How can lenders manage risk, make the best decisions to maximise commercial opportunities all whilst honouring regulations to ensure customers are treated fairly? What does ‘treating customers fairly’ look like in online lending methods and tools?
This month’s feature article
Vulnerability – How Effective Are Digital Customer Journeys?
What we learned from the FCA Sandbox. Read our latest article today…
Our Articles on Lending Risk
Stronger Imperatives for Action for Vulnerable Customers
The pandemic’s impact has led to an increase in the incidence & complexity of consumer vulnerabilities. Discover the areas where firms need to take action.
PrinSIX Transforms Personalised Lending with Release of New Platform
We are a UK Fintech start-up rethinking lending through the orchestration of on-demand personalised lending journeys for lenders.
Transforming Financial Onboarding Journeys
The CEO of PrinSIX describes how and why the company was formed and discusses why personalised customer onboarding is essential to lenders.
The Latest Roundup of News Stories
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Please note: The insights provided in this section are commonly republished from third-party sources. Articles are the exclusive opinions of the authors. PrinSIX Technologies Ltd accepts no liability for their accuracy or for any consequential impacts of any actions resulting from the use of this information.
Optimising both regulatory and commercial objectives is hard
Lenders’ main objectives are – to lend responsibly and lend profitably.
Delivering both can be done, but is challenging. Success is determined by the customer onboarding journey.
Journeys must balance the need for speed with the need for insight. Journeys that understand a customers’ total commercial value as well as potential vulnerability and regulatory risk.
The primary tension between commercial and regulatory objectives is conversion. Long journeys don’t convert as well as short ones, but short journeys reduce understanding, elevating regulatory risk. Journeys must be only as long as necessary. That’s why ‘one size fits all isn’t good enough any more.
How PrinSIX can help
Onboarding today is inadequate to manage these challenges.
Our SaaS platform equips organisations to create dynamic, personalised, agile onboarding journeys – one applicant at a time.
Facts about Lending Risk
1. The average amount of unsecured debt for the average person in the UK in 2019 was £9,034 for a personal loan. (Statista)
2. The average amount of unsecured debt for the average person in the UK in 2019 was £7,635 for a credit card. (Statista)
3. Mortgage borrowing rose by a net 11.8 billion pounds ($16.4 billion) in March 2021. (Reuters)
4. Credit risk has increased. For example, loss reserves as a percentage of total loans were at 2.19 at the end of Q2 2020; compared to 1.15 at the end of Q4 2019. (Forbes)
5. Nearly three-quarters of people who borrow money from friends or family never pay the loan back in full. (Forbes)